Ongoing Quest for the Colorwheel Parent Archetype
Posted February 14, 2012on:
Over the weekend, we were able to talk (and visit) 2 more families [primarily interviewed the husband] and asked them a series of questions of how things are with their family.
- Learn more about the uniqueness of each family’s parenting style
- Discover parent purchasing behaviors towards toys and products
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT:
- Understanding who exactly our target customers is crucial for successful demand creation
- PAREN’T BLOGS? NOPE WE DONT READ THOSE — Understandable. Parents are extremely busy, maybe this would be different for stay-at-home moms?
- WORKSHOPS > BLOGS — From time to time, schools put together these parenting workshops and seem to be quite effective in drawing the crowd. Perhaps their credibility as a learning institution helps?
- EARLY INTERVENTION — All of the parents we’ve spoken to value the early exposure of their children to building kits, arts and crafts, sciences, etc.
- MOMS ARE THE BOSS — This is true for almost 90% of almost 20 families we’ve talked to now. They control the purchases, therefore controlling the entry of our Toy Kit into their homes!